take care of your cashmere
the absolute cashmere sweaters are made from high quality cashmere fibers requiring delicate care. To keep them in good condition, we advise to give them special attention.
- how to avoid the cashmere sweater from pilling?
- it is important to know that all wool and cashmere will pill at some point. It usually happens when the fabric is rubbed against itself or another surface. Nevertheless, to minimize pilling, avoid rubbing your cashmere on objects like zippers, keys, wallets, etc.
- how to remove pilling from your cashmere?
- in the long run, the most effective way to remove pilling is to regularly wash your cashmere sweater. Pilling is due to an excess of fabric. After about ten wash, the excess of fabric will be removed and the pills will disappear. In addition to the regular washing of your cashmere, use an absolut anti-pilling comb. This will give you a clean, straight cut without damaging your cashmere.
- how to give spark and softness back to your cashmere?
- gently spray your sweater with water, place it in an absolut laundry net and in your freezer for a few hours. Then, let your cashmere rest flat, your cashmere’s back to being radiant & soft!
- how to keep your cashmere soft?
- avoid wearing your cashmere sweater for more than three consecutive days. In fact, it is important to let the fibre rest and rebuild so that it keeps all its flexibility.
- how to tidy cashmere soft?
- avoid wearing your cashmere more than three consecutive days. Indeed, it is important to let the fiber rest and bounce back to its original shape.
- how to protect your cashmere from moths?
- place cedar ball in your closet. It repels away moths and spreads a delicate woody smell. Once a year, it is necessary to slightly soak the ball with cedar oil.
I’m a sweater addict but mostly a cashmere addict! I don’t know which adjective to use anymore to express my love for your collections, so really, thank you for this article that will save many of my sweaters !